UNDP calls applications for Communications/Knowledge Management and Reporting Internship in the United States of America. The Communications/Knowledge Management and Reporting Intern will be responsible for supporting the development of highimpact communications materials for all streams of the Office’s work including South-South Galaxy, South-South Global Thinkers, Youth4South, Cities Project, IBSA Fund, India-UN Development Partnership Fund, Policy, Environmental Sustainability and Climate Action on SSC and other initiatives. The intern will also support knowledge management and research on SSC and TrC. This internship requires strategic thinking with the ability to deliver consistently high quality, well-written, thought-provoking materials under pressure and tight deadlines.
Candidates on this UNDP Internship in the United States of America will perform the following duties
- Support drafting reports, program results, outputs, and outcomes.
- Produce communication materials to highlight the achievements of UNOSSC across all of it projects and programs.
- Support knowledge management through UNOSSC’s online platforms. Similarly, assist in providing research support on SSC and TrC.
- Draft knowledge and advocacy products e.g. background documents, briefs, speeches, presentations, and other communication materials related to SSC and TrC.
- Provide coordination support to the Directorate to ensure efficient internal communications.
- Support online communication through UNOSSC social media channels. Also, provide logistical support to UNOSSC events.
- Assist in identifying opportunities and contribute to resource mobilization for SSC/TrC.
- Furthermore, provide other ad hoc support as required.
Qualified/suitable intern from the field of communication for development, journalism, communications, sustainable development, social science, or related field. Applicants to the UNDP internship program must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Have enrollment in a postgraduate degree program (such as a master’s program, or higher).
- Or in the final academic year of a first university degree program (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent).
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Or be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
Applicants on this UNDP Internship in the United States of America will have
- Experience in communications required.
- Familiar with international development/relations desirable.
- Familiarity with the UN system in general and/or with South-South development cooperation, in particular, is an asset.