UNDP Internship Programme
UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. On the ground in 177 countries and territories, UNDP offers global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.
UNDP Office has organised internship programme to provide a framework by which students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to UNDP offices, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments as well providing an opportunity to make substantive contributions to an office’s work. The current internship will provide an opportunity for student or student who recently graduated to learn some aspects of human resources particularly on the implementation of the recruitment process and HR information system.
The intern will undertake the following tasks:
Implementation of recruitment processes including:
- drafting job description
- provision of input to job classification process in consultation with HR officer,
- drafting vacancy announcements
- screening of candidates
- administrative support for the interview process
- collecting reference check
- updating e-recruitment file and maintenance of hard copies documentation
- Active involve in analysing business process and developing standard operational procedure
- Provide admin support to HR associate in managing HR letters
- Provide logistical support for learning events and other staff events managed by HR
- Tracking data on registration personnel for learning management system
- Support to the HR associate in updating list of staff in HR database
- Support to the HR assistant in managing personnel files
- Enrolment in a graduate-level degree programme in business administration, or other related field. For those who have graduated , if selected must start the internship within one year of graduation.
- Knowledge of – or proven interest in the area of procurement, supply and logistic
- Proficiency in English . Fluency in Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese or Russian is an asset;
- Computer literate in standard software applications;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP’s Statement of Purpose? and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
- An interest in global mobility; adaptability to varied physical and other environments; a desire to work with and gain the confidence and respect of people with different language, national and cultural backgrounds.
Deadline: 30th December 2017