UNDP (Paid Internship) Programme Associate at Colombo, Sri Lanka.
The Programme Associate Internship works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and Projects staff in the CO and UNDP Regional Hub, and UN Agencies to exchange information and resolve complex finance-related issues.
Key Duties and Accountabilities for Programme Associate Internship
- Support formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Country Programme Documents (CPDs) as it relates to the CET portfolio.
- Provide effective support to management of the CET’s programme and projects, including administration, quality assurance and oversight functions.
- Support implementation of the CO partnership and resource mobilization strategies.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Country Office.
Check: 2024 Sustainable Energy for All Women in STEM Traineeship
- Secondary education is required, with specialized administrative and financial/accounting training.
- A university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, or related field will be given due consideration, but it is not a requirement.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- A minimum of 6 years (with a high school diploma) or 3 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant progressively responsible administrative/management or programme experience is required at the national and/or international level.
- Experience working in the thematic areas of environment, climate change, and energy and/or experience with vertical fund projects is an asset.
- Experience in development programme work in the UN system, multilateral and/or bilateral organizations highly desirable.
- Experience in the use of computers, office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), database packages, and web-based management systems such as ERP.
- Ability to review and edit documents, ability to produce meeting reports identifying key actions.
Also Check: 2024 (Fully Funded) OIST Internship in Japan
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in the national language of the duty station (Sinhala/Tamil) is required for local staff.
- Other official language of the UN will be desirable.