UNDP Technical Associate Internship at Indonesia (Jurisdictional Approach)
UNDP Technical Associate Internship aims for a transformational change in sustainable commodity and crop supply chains and land governance, leading to a reduction in loss of high conservation value and high carbon stock forests in five jurisdictions in the country: Aceh Province (target district: Central Aceh), North Sumatera Province (target district: Mandailing Natal), West Kalimantan Province (target district: Sanggau), South Sulawesi Province (target district: Luwu), and West Papua Province (target district: Sorong). The targeted commodities are oil palm, cocoa, rice, and coffee.
Duties and Responsibilities of UNDP Technical Associate Internship
- Ensure effective and consistent implementation of the activities in the target jurisdictions and facilitate mainstreaming of the integrated landscape management approach (ILM) among national and subnational level stakeholders for the following tasks:
• Liaisons between the project and the Directorate for Food and Agriculture BAPPENAS as well as other units in BAPPENAS, other relevant ministries, and stakeholders at the national level for FOLUR Project.
• Provide analysis and technical advice to Directorate for Food and Agriculture BAPPENAS related to approach and strategy in institutionalizing the jurisdictional approach at the national level.
• Facilitate multi-stakeholder process in 5 (five) targeted districts and establish connection with similar initiatives at the province and national levels.
• Support the facilitation of the cooperation partners in the documentation of the lessons learned from experiences for dissemination to the outside audiences.
• Responsible to organize events, workshops, and conferences related to jurisdictional aspect of FOLUR Project under component of BAPPENAS.
- Support the project team to ensure effective project planning, and implementation focusing on achievement of the following results
• Coordination of project planning and preparation work for, typically, a large size and highly complex component of the project initiatives;
• Analysis, researches, summary and presentation of basic information/data on specific project and related topics;
• Implementation of standard operating procedures in line with the government and UNDP’s regulations;
- Support to the effective reporting on progress of project implementation
• Assessment for capacity building in national or regional institutions through analytical review of existing policy and regulatory framework
• Updated and assessment of landscape profiles of five project sites- located at the district level
• Implementation of training on information system applications for project multi stakeholders at the national and sub-national levels
- Support strategic partnerships, communication and support to the implementation of resource mobilization
• Updated database of the relevant public and development partners private sector, civil society and other stakeholders who are counterparts for the project;
• Finalization and publication of multiple languages report as a tool to communicate results, deepen stakeholder knowledge and buy-in to the project, and resource mobilization for the project,
• Preparation of draft correspondence and communications related to all aspects of programme/project administration, including work plan and budgets, revisions and other related issues, as well as prepares project’s contributions for a variety of periodic reports
- Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff.
• Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in project management support function
• Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that
• Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
• Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
• Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
• Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced.
Check: 2024 Investment Officer Internship (Sustainable Investing)
Under the overall guidance of the National Project Manager, the Technical Associate will coordinate with various units to support the project on finance, procurement, HR, security, communication and project administration. S/He can supervise clerical and support staff of the Project Management Unit. The organigram in Annex shows the position of this function within the office and unit structure.
Also Check: 2024 Internship at the OECD Trento Centre for Local Development
Required Skills and Experience for UNDP Technical Associate Internship
Min. Academic Education
- Secondary Education (High School) is required.
- University degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in Agriculture, Forestry, Sociology, Environmental or relevant fields will be given due consideration but is not a requirement.
Min. years of relevant Work experience
- Minimum 6 years (with Secondary Education) or 3 years (with Bachelor´s degree) of relevant experience preferably in the field of development.
- Relevant experience in administrative/ financial/ procurement/ assetmanagement and project activities would be an asset.
- Good inter-personal and communications skills.
- Ability to workin a team.
- Capacity to establish and maintain excellent relationship with key partners.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
- Familiarity with Government and UN/UNDP procedures would be desirable
- Experience in project implementation using Government and International Organization rules and regulation
- Solid experience in partnership would be desirable
- Demonstrated ability in stakeholder engagement, proven track record of excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to mobilize resources from wide range of partner stakeholders.
Required Language(s) (at working level)
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required.