Applications call for 2o2o Internship in UNHCR Italy – UNHCR Internship 2020 in Italy
The incumbent of the UNHCR Internship 2020 in Italy- Admin/Finance Unit will perform the duties under the supervision of the Senior Finance Associate
- Providing support on mobile phones: connection and data issues, outlook setup, configuration issues.
- Supporting in drafting procedures for recovery of mobile expenditures.
- Similarly, supporting in downloading mobile and landline itemized reports and follow up with involved staff.
- Liaising with Admin focal point to insert deductions related to providing mobile/landline phone calls.
- Supporting laptops and desktops, configuration issues and software installation and set-up.
- Supporting on WIN 10 upgrade as well as on other common drives decommissioning and transition to existing data storage applications (e-safe/Sharepoint).
- Assisting staff on vide/call conferences requests through WebEx or Phone bridges as well as on reserving meeting rooms and drafting related instructions.
- Liaising with cleaning/security focal points to take action in relation to recommendations provided by Admin Staff Officers;
- Daily troubleshooting for ICT issues/problems (including printing service devices) and also supporting in re-organization of archive and storage room
- Assisting for a physical check of STI and consumables (stationery, smartphones, iPhones) as well as providing and recuperating laptops for missions.
- Helping Admin Staff and Travel team in sourcing suppliers, collecting quotations (also through the web) and market surveys. Furthermore, supporting on maintaining up to date staff list in outlook;
- Must be a recent graduate (persons who completed their studies within one year of applying for an internship with UNHCR) or a current student/undergraduate school program from a university or higher education;
- Must have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in Economics, Information Management, Computer Science, or related areas.
- Fluency in English and Italian language;
- Interest in humanitarian and international cooperation fields. In addition to that, previous relevant working experiences are an asset.
- Flexibility and ability to work autonomously.
Primarily, the intern will have the opportunity to undertake a work experience related to university studies or to possible future careers. Secondly, it is meant to provide assistance to Admin Assistant (ICT) and to the rest of the Admin team on basic supply tasks (supplier sourcing).
Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive a Food and Local Transportation Allowance. Moreover, the allowance amount will be the equivalent of 10% of the Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) of the duty station and be based on 30 calendar days.
Click this link to know about the application process.