UNHCR Paid Internship is available in the Donor Relations and Resource Mobilization Service unit in Switzerland. UNHCR is looking for a dynamic intern who has experience in communications and content creation, and also who can support the dedicated Donor Visibility Officer in supporting UNHCR’s visibility efforts across the organization. The ideal post-holder will be comfortable working in a fast-paced and reactive environment, have the skills and ability to support on creating content such as macros and competent in design software for publications and reports. Creativity is key in this role.
Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive an allowance to partially help to cover the cost of food, local transportation and living expenses.
In order to obtain the internship, candidates must fulfill the following criteria
- Recent graduate (those persons who completed their studies within one year of applying) or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO;
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of the Organization.
- An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, for instance a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship.
- The candidate must be interested in communication, content creation, donor relations or external relations work.
- Furthermore, knowledge of Photoshop, WordPress software, InDesgin or similar.
- Assist the Donor Visibility Officer with social media management, including curating content for Twitter, monitoring and evaluating country and leadership accounts around the world.
- Likewise, support the creation of content for social media, including macros.
- Similarly, assist in the creation of workshops and training on donor visibility to support our colleagues in the field.
- Furthermore, manage and troubleshoot with the Donor Visibility Officer on challenges and opportunities raised
- In addition, assist with impact analysis and monitoring of content, social media posts, donor missions.