The Education Cannot Wait (ECW) Internship Programme offers qualified and eligible students/graduates the opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in international development work in education under the direct supervision of experienced ECW staff.
Furthermore, under the guidance of the Director of ECW and the direct supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist, the intern provides technical and operational assistance to various processes, through the application of theoretical and technical skills in researching, collecting, analyzing as well as presenting data and analysis while learning about organizational processes to support the implementation of the ECW workplan.
Moroever, the internship will be full-time, and interns will be based at the ECW Secretariat in New York.
- Interns will receive a stipend of 1,500 dollars per month.
- Conduct research, mapping and analysis of research, reports and impact evaluations in education in emergencies.
- Also, Assist in preparation of cost-effectiveness analyses to calculate value-for-money of ECW investments.
- Assist in the preparation of monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Also, Collect, analyze, verify and synthesize information to support program development, design and preparation.
- Support preparation of reports, talking points and communication material, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevance of information.
- Also, Perform data checks in reports and databases.
To qualify as an advocate for every child applicants will have:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate, Masters or Ph.D. degree programme or have graduated within the past two years.
- Have an academic background in any of the following:
- Education, including early childhood development
- Also, Quantitative analysis: data analysis, impact evaluation, applied statistics
- Child Protection
- Also, Human rights/humanitarian affairs or related fields
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- Also, Be proficient in English.
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by university records.
- Also, Have no immediate relatives working with UNICEF or in the ECW Secretariat.