Applications call for United Nations Public Information Internship in Cameroon. This internship is located in the Sub-regional Office for Central Africa (SRO-CA) of the Economic Commission for Africa in Yaounde, Cameroon.
- Support the accomplishment of tasks, including generating communicational write-ups and storylines.
- Support media relation functions related to press conferences and media advisories
- Monitor media reports (local and international) of ECA events and prepare coverage reports,
- Build and maintain media contact databases,
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of press kits,
- Assist with media interview requests, and handle other media related inquiries
- Disseminate press releases, speeches and conference-related documents to media,
- Assist with media clearance process of international media for ECA events in the subregion
- Assist in the packaging of CDs, flash disks for major ECA publications and events.
- Support the production of audiovisual multimedia content.
- Assisting in other ad-hoc activities as instructed.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme in Cameroon, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Enrollment in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Enrollment in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Must have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- Experience working with media, organizing press conferences and interviews as well as experience in writing media advisories, press releases.
- Fluency in English or French is necessary for the Internship Programme.
- Furthermore, knowledge of a second United Nations official language is an asset.
Candidates must apply online. Interested applicants must submit an online application and Cover Note which must include
- Title of degree that candidate is currently pursuing
- Graduation Date (when s/he will be graduating from the program)
- List the IT skills and programs that candidate is proficient in
- In addition to that, an explanation of why s/he is the best candidate for this role. Similarly, an explanation of their interest in the United Nations.