The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia invites eligible students to take an internship placement on Administration in Beirut, Lebanon. The intern position is in the Strategy, Planning, Accountability, Results and knowledge Section (Spark) former Programme Planning & Technical Cooperation Section (PPTCS). Interns will have to work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office.
The intern of this United Nations Internship in Lebanon will be doing the following duties
- Carrying out research, analysis, and drafting of documents, and also present data and information to support the implementation of activities, including the preparation of reports and presentations.
- Contributing to the development of monitoring tools.
- Organizing, consolidating and analyzing data and information derived from quality assurance processes and tools (e.g. quality reviews, monitoring reports) using appropriate statistical methods and/or applications.
- Contributing to the design and development of training for staff in assessment tools and participate in the implementation of training activities of the Unit.
- Attending meetings (i.e. Publications Committee, expert group meetings) as well as supporting in note-taking.
- Furthermore, assisting in other ad-hoc activities as instructed.
- Must have enrollment in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or be in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or must have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- Candidate must be computer literate in standard software applications, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel.
- S/he must have a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Professional working experience is not necessary for this
- Furthermore, the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs; which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is mandatory for this position. In addition to that, knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
Candidates must apply online. Interested applicants must submit an online application and Cover Note which must include
- Title of degree that candidate is currently pursuing
- Graduation Date (when s/he will be graduating from the programme)
- List the IT skills and programmes that candidate is proficient in
- In addition to that, an explanation of why s/he is the best candidate for this role. Similarly, an explanation of their interest in the United Nations.