The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa Office in Morocco is seeking energetic, enthusiastic and creative economics students to undertake an internship on Economic Affairs. This internship is a full-time job (35 hours/week) of a minimum duration of 4 months with the possibility of extension up to a maximum period of 6 months and the intern will not be eligible for the salary or remuneration. The intern position will work under the overall guidance of the Director of the Sub-Regional Office for North Africa of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, based in Rabat (Morocco) and the supervision of the Economic Affairs Officer.
The intern position will be liable for the following duties under the general guidance of the Economic Affairs Officer,
- Contributing to the macro-econometric modeling activity of the office. Similarly, contributing to analytical papers of the office.
- Participating in the organization of workshops.
- Furthermore, performing other duties as necessary.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school program in economics (second university degree or equivalent, or higher), or be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program in economics (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent), or have graduated with a university degree;
- Strong skills in economics. Similarly, strong skills in applied econometrics and computer literate in standard software applications, Eviews and STATA.
- Professional work experience is not necessary to participate in the United Nations Internship Programme.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is necessary for this Internship Programme. In addition to that, working knowledge of French is an asset.
Other Skills and Requirements
- Candidates must have a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- In addition to that, the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Candidates must submit the online application form in order to apply for this United Nations Internship in Morocco.
- An application must include a cover note and a personal history profile. Moreover, the cover note must include
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing as well as the possible graduation date.
- IT skills and programs that you are proficient in.
- Top three areas of interest.
- The explanation why s/he is the best candidate for this specific internship.
- Explanation of his/her interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
Visit the official page for more information.