The United Nations Regional Centre for Peace and Disarmament in Asia and the Pacific calls applications for the Political Affairs Internship in Kathmandu, Nepal or the Spring/Summer 2020. UN internships are for a minimum period of two months and may be extended to a maximum of six months, depending on the needs of UNRCPD and the willingness of applicants. In addition to that, the internship is unpaid and full-time where interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a professional staff member.
Basically, the daily responsibilities for the intern of this Political Affairs internship in Nepal will depend on the individual’s background, the intern’s assigned office, as well as the internship period. In particular, interns shall undertake the following duties which may include
- Assistance in drafting and preparing official documents
- The document, legal and internet research
- Assistance during conferences and meetings
- Working on web-presentation
Applicants to the United Nations Internship Programme, at the time of application, must meet one of the following requirements
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher, i.e. Master’s or equivalent, PhD or post-graduate degree.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with a university degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD or equivalent) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Applicants to the United Nations Internship Programme are not necessary to have professional work experience. However, a field of study that is closely related to the type of internship that you are applying for is necessary.
- Fluency in English is mandatory for this position. In addition to that, the knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Candidates must apply online for this Research and Evaluation internship in the United Nations. Interested applicants must submit an online application and Cover Note which must include
- Title of degree that candidate is currently pursuing
- Graduation Date (when s/he will be graduating from the program)
- List the IT skills and programs that candidate is proficient in
- In addition to that, an explanation of why s/he is the best candidate for this role. Similarly, an explanation of their interest in the United Nations.