The United Nations Information Centre as part of the Department of Global Communication and Strategy Division internship calls application for a Public Information internship program during 2020 at the Port of Spain. The internship is unpaid and full time where interns work five days per week (35 hours). This internship is available for 2 months with the possibility of extension for a maximum of 6 months depending on the needs of the office and availability of the candidate.
- Assist in the development and updating of internal databases, data-sharing, and collaborative platforms.
- Assist in the researching and compiling of basic information, and drafting of the text, for use in the production of communications material about the UN.
- Assist coordination of UNIC photographic records: produce digital imaging, write captions for UN photos, as required.
- Assist preparation of material for, and participate in, meetings, briefings hm, and consultations with internal and external partners to develop communications activities.
- Assist in the logistics coordination, writing, editing, post-production and distribution of UNIC multimedia material and products, including participant communications, production material (cue
cards, production lists, scripts, etc.), selection and cataloging of audio and visual materials.
- Assist in the development, updating, and maintenance of UNIC online (web site and social media) platforms, including drafting and editing of content; assisting the implementation of strategies designed to widen to UNIC’s online audiences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants to the United Nations Internship Programme, at the time of application, must meet one of the following requirements
- Be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher, i.e. Master’s or equivalent, PhD or post-graduate degree.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with a university degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD or equivalent) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
Candidates must apply online for this United Nations Internship in Port of Spain. Interested applicants must submit an online application and Cover Note which must include
- Title of degree that candidate is currently pursuing
- Graduation Date (when s/he will be graduating from the program)
- List the IT skills and programs that candidate is proficient in
- In addition to that, an explanation of why s/he is the best candidate for this role. Similarly, an explanation of their interest in the United Nations.