The United Nations Technology Bank for the Least Developed Countries calls application for the internship in the Multimedia Editing and Communications in Turkey.
The UN Technology Bank for the Least Developed Countries (TBLDCs) internship is for a period of two months, commencing as soon as possible, with an opportunity for extension up to a maximum of six months depending on the needs of the Technology Bank. The internship is unpaid and full-time in the TBLDCs, based in Gebze, Turkey. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the TBLDCs.
The daily duties of the intern will depend on the individual’s background, the intern’s assigned program as well as the internship period. However, the following might be the duties of the role in particular
- Performing desktop publishing to produce a variety of print material and publications, using relevant computer systems and software applications.
- Also, assisting in the layout and preparation of information materials.
- Reviewing and/or editing scripts and storylines, creating and editing animations as per requirements and also preparing presentations with raw designs to clients, using relevant software and techniques.
- Creating models, drawings, and illustrations by hand or electronically.
- Similarly, developing storyboards for the initial stages of production, using creativity and artistic techniques to tell a story or provide information in visual form.
- Joining images with background graphics and special effects and ensures synchronization of frames and audio
- Assisting with scheduling of various components of the production process, e.g. copy and proofreading, graphics, translation services, typesetting, printing, etc.
- Liaising with relevant parties on project specifications and approval of mechanicals for dispatch, etc.
- Tracking and monitoring production flow to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Furthermore, performing other related work as required., including drawing paintings, computer animation, info-graphic and printmaking design, books illustrations, creative writing, technical art, installations, and photography.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme in Turkey, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Enrollment in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Enrollment in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Must have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the Programme.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is necessary for the Internship Programme.
- Furthermore, knowledge of a second United Nations official language is an asset.
Candidates must apply online. Interested applicants must submit an online application and Cover Note which must include
- Title of degree that candidate is currently pursuing
- Graduation Date (when s/he will be graduating from the program)
- List the IT skills and programs that candidate is proficient in
- In addition to that, an explanation of why s/he is the best candidate for this role. Similarly, an explanation of their interest in the United Nations.