Apply for the UNOSSC Communications/Knowledge Management and Reporting Internship 2020 in New York, USA. The deadline for the application is ongoing.
The UNOSSC internship program provides professional enrichment for young professionals, enhancing their leadership and professional skills as well as broadening their global perspectives.
The Communications/Knowledge Management and Reporting Intern will be responsible for supporting the development of high impact communications materials for all streams of the Office’s work.
That includes South-South Galaxy, South-South Global Thinkers, Youth4South, Cities Project. Also, IBSA Fund, India-UN Development Partnership Fund, Policy, Environmental Sustainability, and Climate Action on SSC and other initiatives.
The selected intern will
- Support drafting reports, programme results, outputs and outcomes
- Produce communication materials to highlight the achievements of UNOSSC across all of it projects and programmes
- Support knowledge management through UNOSSC’s online platforms
- Also, assist in providing research support on SSC and TrC.
- Draft knowledge and advocacy products e.g. background documents, briefs, speeches, presentations and other communication materials related to SSC and TrC
- Additionally, provide coordination support to the Directorate to ensure efficient internal communications
- Support online communication through UNOSSC social media channels
- Likewise, provide logistical support to UNOSSC events
- Also, assist in identifying opportunities and contribute to resource mobilization for SSC/TrC
- Provide other ad hoc support as required
- Experience in communications required;
- Familiarity with international development/relations desirable;
- Familiarity with the UN system in general and/or with South-South development cooperation, in particular, is an asset.
- Proficiency in English;
- Knowledge of one of the other five official languages of the UN (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) would be an asset.
Only a successful candidate will be required to submit the following documents:
- A copy of the applicant’s most recent resume or curriculum vitae;
- Also, a letter from his/her university confirming current enrollment and graduation date;
- Additionally, a copy of his/her school transcript;
- Likewise, a letter of recommendation from a professor;
- A signed UNDP Internship Agreement;
- A Medical Certificate of Good Health;
- Furthermore, proof of medical insurance including provision for medical evacuation and removal of mortal remains or life insurance;
- Copy of passport and working visa for the United States.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.