The Save the Children invites students to apply for the US Sponsorship Volunteer at the Save the Children in the United States of America.
The volunteer will work to provide invaluable support toward ensuring best-in-class Sponsorship operations and cultivating meaningful relationships between sponsors and children. The Sponsorship Operations Volunteer will also support the execution of correspondence processing and child information management, aid in completing vital high-volume tasks and ensure compliance with Global Sponsorship Policies and Procedures. The position represents Save the Children’s core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity, and Integrity. Furthermore, the Sponsorship Operations Volunteer reports to the Data & Reporting Specialist. Save the Children offers an exciting and supportive environment as well as opportunities to build a variety of professional skills to the participating volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position holder to serve the Children Support Management as well as also aids in Operational Support. In particular, s/he will be doing the following duties in these two areas
- Assisting in the preparation of community materials for child enrollment and update campaigns.
- Similarly, assisting with child record maintenance, both in hard copy and in electronic storage, adhering to all required policies.
- Supporting the receipt, reviewing, tracking, and processing of child enrollment and update materials.
- Supporting the documentation and storage of sponsor correspondence, ensuring compliance with Child Safeguarding protocol and Sponsorship policies and procedures.
- Maintaining electronic copies of child proactive letters, routine correspondence, and 30-day letters and ensure files are complete and up-to-date.
- Assisting in the preparation and mailing of community mail pouches weekly with corresponding return materials.
- Furthermore, support the distribution of all mailings generated and/or received from the Home Office. This includes family and sponsor “welcome communications.”
- Assisting with maintaining record accuracy and also modify the records for system cross-compatibility.
- Receiving, reviewing, tracking, and accurately processing child enrollment and update materials.
- Support the tracking, review, processing, and disbursement of all child-sponsor correspondence as well as actively support Diversity & Inclusion efforts.
Candidates must have the following qualifications for this US Sponsorship Volunteer position at Save the Children
- High School degree is necessary. However, Bachelor’s degree preferred but the graduation must not be more than six months old at the time of the start date.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional administrative, clerical and/or data entry experience.
- Highly self-sufficient with demonstrated ability to learn new processes quickly and complete work with excellent accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills as well as a professional, proactive, and responsive customer-service approach.
- Strong written skills, solid interpersonal skills and also the ability to work within a team as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated organization and task completion skill
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a timely, resourceful, and comprehensive manner.
- Furthermore, the candidate must be eligible to work in the United States.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Candidates must attach a resume and cover letter to their application.
The Save the Children Fund commonly known as Save the Children is the social-humanitarian organization. It is working on the welfare and protection of children since its establishment in 1919 in London. The main objective and focus of the organization is to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.