Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise. The internship position is with Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment at Walt Disney having the name of Lucasfilm. Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production.
The interns will be responsible for assisting with development of FX elements, asset test rendering, fx/lighting annotations, and final shot sweetening. You will learn how to become proficient in blending alternative methods of using Maya/Houdini/Nuke/Photoshop to create and document FX elements that can be shared with overseas FX/Lighting teams. Furthermore, you will help research lighting/FX reference and assemble the material in presentable documents. You will also have the opportunity to execute internal shot work as needed, using all tools available.
- Currently enrolled in Art & Design program or related curriculum with 3D CG course material OR someone who has recently graduated (within the last year), from a similar program.
- Strong interest and/or past experience in creating CG visual effects, cinematic lighting
- Likewise, general knowledge of particle/fluid simulation, lighting, rendering, texturing, compositing, and matte painting.
- Understanding of CG character and set lighting for feature or animation rendering.
- Solid experience with Maya, Houdini, Nuke and Photoshop.
- Similarly, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong sense of graphic composition and color balance.
- Understanding of basic photographic methods (exposure/light ratio/).
- In addition, understanding of basic physics for dynamic simulation.
- Ability to adapt to very fast paced schedule, and rapid turnaround of development.
- Moreover, able to create visual and detailed documentation.
- Ability to light/render/comp elements together into a completed shot
- Also, broad knowledge of film and art history.
- Must be available to work at the Lucasfilm facilities in San Francisco, as a local hire.
- Above all, must be available to work a minimum of 16 hours per week.
- Good communication skills, able to communicate and collaborate in a professional as well as friendly manner with co-workers.
- Self-starter, energetic, and able to prioritize workload. Responsible for communicating with production to ensure that all deadlines for internal production are met.
- Team player that strives to maximize team and department performance.
- Detail oriented, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Experience managing notes on production assets, and/or production reports.
You can apply online.