new Art new Audiences aims to be a catalyst for the creation of new art that reaches new audiences in Sub-Saharan Africa and the UK. The call is interested in projects that showcase new art to 18 to 35-year-old audiences who haven’t seen your art before in the following art forms: architecture, design, and fashion; film; music; dance and theatre; creative economy; cultural skills; literature; visual arts; and any combination of art forms.
They are looking for projects between the UK and two Sub-Saharan Africa regions (East, West, Southern). At least three different countries must be involved in the project, each project must have at least one UK partner and at least one partner from Sub-Saharan Africa (from the countries specified below in ‘eligible countries’).
nAnA will fund 10 new projects in 2019;
- Projects can bid for up to £30,000.
- Please note as well as granting major projects at £30,000 they welcome experimental project proposals in the range of £5,000 to £10,000.
Applicants can apply as an individual artist(s), an arts organization (s) or an art collective(s);
- Each project must focus on the creation of a new piece, or a new body of art;
- At least three different countries must be involved in the project, each project must have at least one
UK partner and at least one partner from Sub-Saharan Africa (and from the countries specified above);
- nAnA focuses on supporting art sectors within cities from the countries specified – artists, artworks;
- Each project must focus on reaching an 18 to 35-year-old face to face, and online audience. nAnA aims
to increase the visibility and awareness of new contemporary art from Sub-Saharan Africa and the UK.
The engagement of a significant online and/or face to face audience is therefore essential;
- All key contributors involved in the project must be between 18 and 35-years-old;
- Applicants can apply more than once to new Art new Audiences;
- Those who received nAnA 2016/17/18 grants (either primary or secondary partner) are also eligible to
apply to nAnA 2019. However a primary nAnA 2016/17/18 partner cannot apply as the lead partner for
- The template will be provided for these reports;
- have a bank account and a national ID in order to receive funds. They must also be responsible for the mid-project, end of project report, and for the external communications of the project;