Women Global Health with the support of the Novartis Foundation is hosting a digital innovation challenge, #BuildBackBetter Digital Innovation, and AI Challenge. As the world learns to live with the coronavirus, the #BuildBackBetter Digital Innovation and AI Challenge will offer a platform for women-led start-ups to advance both gender equity in health security and systems, with a special focus on low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
Specifically, the #BuildBackBetter Digital Innovation and AI Challenge will identify innovative digital and AI solutions addressing health security during COVID-19 and future health emergencies with the potential to:
- Increase the number of women as creators of digital health and AI solutions.
- Also, increase the number of women as leaders of digital health and AI companies and initiatives.
- Furthermore, ensure that that digital health solutions enable health systems to meet the health needs of all genders.
- The winners of the challenge will receive funding of $10,000 to develop their innovation.
- The runners-up will also receive $5,000 for the same purpose.
- In addition to that, both the winner and the runner up will receive guidance from an innovation mentor.
- Furthermore, these mentors will be assigned by Women in Global Health.
The startup must
- Be founded/co-founded by a woman.
- Be in a low-middle income country, as defined by the World Bank. Definition and countries here
- Have a health emergency-focus and your idea must support greater gender parity in global health security during COVID-19 and for future pandemic preparedness.
- Must be or have ideas about a digital or AI innovation.
- Must have a member of your team available to pitch during the finals in November 2020.
More opportunities here