Canadian Water Network calls applications for the Student and Young Professional Committee 2020. Interested applicants can apply until 15th February 2020.
- Interested candidates can advance their careers by volunteering on the Canadian Water Network’s Student and Young Professional Committee.
- Through this program, they can acquire new skills, expand their professional network and demonstrate leadership.
- Additionally, Canadian Water Network selects 20 candidates for the roles of President, Webinar Coordinator (2 positions), Social Media Specialist (2 positions) and Regional Representative (15 positions).
- Their objective is to select representatives from major centers across Canada, including Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Halifax.
- Also, they select candidates from smaller communities or remote locations. They select two representatives from each location.
The selected candidates will do the following duties as a member of the Student and Young Professional Committee
- This is a one-year volunteer commitment from March 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021.
- Each representative must submit a brief biography and photo for publication on CWN’s website.
- Also, representatives work with others in their region and CWN staff to organize and promote Blue Networking events. This often involves collaboration with other water professionals and water organizations in their community.
- Additionally, national meetings are held monthly on Skype. Candidates’attendance is mandatory.
- Similarly, regional meetings may occur with greater frequency when planning an event.
- Also, committee members are encouraged to participate in social media.
- The president will coordinate and document the Committee’s monthly meetings, gather feedback, assist regional representatives with problem-solving. He/she will also represent the Canadian Water Network at Blue Cities.
- Webinar Coordinators will work with CWN’s Events Manager to organize four webinars with student presenters.
- Social Media Specialists have the duty to promote the Committee’s activities on social media, tweet during #CWNSYP webinars and share SYP success stories, publications, and other updates.
- Furthermore, the estimated time commitment is 5 hours per month.
- The candidates will receive an opportunity to volunteer with outstanding young people who are passionate about water.
also, they can expand their professional network with contacts from across the water sector.
- Additionally, they can interact with CWN staff and members of the Canadian Municipal Water Consortium.
- Also, they can attend the Blue Cities conference. Special rates and scholarships are available.
- Moreover, the applicants can learn how to organize and promote events, establish their personal brand and become a social media influencer.
- Similarly, they can access mentoring opportunities with CWN staff and others.
- In addition to that, CWN’s Student and Young Professional Committee is highly regarded. Each representative is featured on CWN’s website there are opportunities to share your accomplishments through CWN’s social media.
- The candidates must be studying or working in the water sector in Canada.
- Also, they must be in the first five years of your career.
For further details, visit the official website.