In the past few years, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) have been working more and more towards shifting traditional ways of working. Also, testing innovative practices in alignment to the new dynamics of the 21st Century around citizen action. Further, At CIVICUS youth, they are testing a new co-creation and collaboration model between NGOs and individual activists from the Global South, who are not always affiliated to traditional civil society structures.
Moreover, In the spirit of supporting and continuing to strengthen smaller and more spontaneous formations of civil society, they are calling for a collective five (5) to nine (9) regionally balanced, diverse, creative and dedicated activists aged between 18 and 35 years old to co-design a new programme with CIVICUS that will better resource young changemakers from the Global South. Similarly, This group will work in a multicultural, international and multi-sectoral team of young activists to co-design a new programme for a period of eight months starting in August 2019.
- Each design team member will be remunerated at a rate of USD $200.00 a day, for a total of up to USD $6,000.00 per person. Further, The contract amount for the total group of up to nine individuals is up to USD $54,000.00.
criteria for the group
- Representation of at least four different regions of the Global South.
- Groups of at least 5 and up to 9 members
- Age of team (preference for 18 – 30-year-old team members; candidates over 35-year-old are not eligible).
- Also, Balanced gender diversity
- Eligibility of all team members (see below)
criteria for team members
In order to be eligible to be part of the CIVICUS Youth co-design each team member of the group must demonstrate:
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a creative mindset and strong critical thinking skills
- Further, experience in leading training or learning programmes for young people (fellowships, workshops, conferences)
- Passion for social movements, human rights, and social justice campaigns, and grassroots activism
- Fluency in English. Also, good command of other languages is an asset.
- Also, a solid understanding of at least two of the following competencies:
- Project management
- Research, facilitation, and writing
- Data analysis
- Online campaigning
- Learning/ training programmes design
- Event management
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Grassroots activism
- Social entrepreneurship
- Creative Graphic Design
- Eligible groups will be against these criteria:
- Full coverage of all the required skills for the co-design team
- Likewise, Proven successful experience in working together
- Understanding the assignment and plan to work as a collective
- Further, Availability to working remotely with an international team (strong internet connectivity)
- Availability for up to 30 days during the course of eight months, also, attend bi-weekly online calls, travel to meetings and work collaboratively.