Apply for Margaret McNamara Education Grants 2021/2022 in South Africa. Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a self-identifying woman, and at least 25 years old at the time of the application deadline.
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List (except for the Trinity Washington University program),
- Enrolled (not just accepted) at an accredited academic institution when submitting an application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the grant by the Board.
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or spouse.
South African Program
- Enrolled for at least one more academic term (the term between January to July 2022)
- Applicants applying from eligible countries other than South Africa must hold a study permit for South Africa.
- Applicants should be born before September 15, 1996 to be eligible to apply.
Candidates must be part-time (minimum of 2 courses per semester or term) or full-time at one of the universities University of the Witwatersrand, University of Cape Town, University of Stellenbosch, University of Pretoria, University of the Free State
Applications for Africa program are from May 15 to September 14 each year. Queries may be addressed to [email protected].
US & Canada Program
Applications are accepted between September 15 – January 15. Queries may be addressed to [email protected]. In addition to the general eligibility criteria, an applicant must:
- Already be enrolled as a full time student, with relevant student visa in national passport, and plan to continue studying full time in the following academic year.
- Not hold US citizenship or permanent residency (green card) or Canadian citizenship or Canadian landed immigrant status.
Trinity Washington University Program
This program accepts applications between September 15 and January 15. Queries may be addressed to [email protected]. The results will be announced on our web page in early April. Successful candidates will be informed personally. In addition to the above criteria, an applicant must:
- Already be enrolled part time (minimum of 2 courses per semester or term) or full time student at Trinity Washington University, and plan to continue studying in the following academic term.
- Not be related to Trinity staff
In addition to international students, US citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply for Margaret McNamara Education Grants Trinity Washington University Program.