Applications are open for the 2021 Fellowships by ICGEB – Fully Funded. The deadline for the application is 30th September 2021.
The ICGEB is a unique intergovernmental organization initially established as a special project of UNIDO. Autonomous since 1994, it runs 46 state-of-the-art laboratories, in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa and forms an interactive network with over 65 Member States. It plays a key role in Biotechnology worldwide for excellence in Research, Training and Technology Transfer to industry to contribute in concrete terms to the achievement of sustainable global development and its operations are aligned to those of the United Nations System.
The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ICGEB is an Intergovernmental Organisation and its operations are aligned to those of the United Nations Common System. It operates as a Centre of Excellence for Research, Training and Technology Transfer to industry to promote sustainable global development.
Benefits of 2021 Fellowships by ICGEB – Fully Funded
- Duration: 6 months
- Monthly stipend: US$ 1,800 or equivalent
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the host lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme
- ICGEB New Delhi: a Guest House is run on campus, on a twin-share basis, for a nominal rate.
- ICGEB Cape Town: accommodation support is provided to fellows. Arrangements are agreed prior to arrival.
- For other ICGEB Member States, please get in touch with the hosting institution
Eligibility for 2021 Fellowships by ICGEB – Fully Funded
- Applicants must be nationals of an eligible ICGEB Member State*, although priority will be given to candidates from Least Developed Countries
- Applicants may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin unless working abroad at the time of application
- Pre-doc and postdoc researchers may apply, although preference will be given to scientists having already completed their PhD/Master or equivalent
- No age limit applies, but preference will be given to candidates below the age of 45
- Good working knowledge of English is mandatory for fellowships at ICGEB New Delhi and Cape Town
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!