Application is open for the 2021 Knight Hennessy Scholarship – Fully Funded. The scholarship is open to all nationalities and the deadline is October 6, 2021, at 1:00 pm Pacific Time.
Building upon the deep domain expertise that Knight-Hennessy Scholars develop in their home departments, scholars gain exposure to a wide range of disciplines and cultures in the Knight-Hennessy community, and participate in the King Global Leadership Program (KGLP), which is designed to develop transformational leadership capabilities. Within KGLP, scholars collaborate and begin to address important challenges facing the world, such as climate change, healthcare inequity, the future of education, and criminal justice reform.
Benefits of 2021 Knight Hennessy Scholarship
As a Knight-Hennessy Scholar, you receive funding for up to three years for any graduate degree(s) at Stanford to which you are admitted at the time you are selected as a scholar.
After enrolling at Stanford, if you wish to enroll in an additional graduate program, you may apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program to receive additional funding up to a maximum of three years. This additional funding is not guaranteed.
If a degree program exceeds three years — such as an MD or Ph.D. program, or a Stanford dual- or joint-degree program — then your Stanford home department(s) will often fund the remainder of your education to the extent consistent with its standard funding commitment for that program. This standard funding commitment varies by department and school. Please contact the graduate program with specific questions about those commitments.
During each of the first three years of graduate study, Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive:
- a fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees
- a stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses)
- a travel grant intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford
- NOTE: Knight-Hennessy Scholars also may access supplemental funds to support academic enrichment (e.g., conference travel).
Eligibility for 2021 Knight Hennessy Scholarship – Fully Funded
Our eligibility requirements help you determine if you may apply to be a Knight-Hennessy Scholar.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program is a multidisciplinary and multicultural community. There are no restrictions based on age, college or university, field of study, or career aspiration. We encourage citizens and residents of all countries to apply. We do not require applicants to seek endorsements from colleges, universities, or other institutions.
There are two baseline eligibility requirements.
- First, in addition to applying to Knight-Hennessy Scholars, you must apply to, be accepted by, and enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program. Each incoming Knight-Hennessy Scholar must be a newly enrolling student in a Stanford graduate program including, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD programs. There are no quotas by discipline or program. Note that we will give priority consideration to those who will spend at least two years studying at Stanford.
- Second, you must have earned, in January 2015 or later, a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a college or university of recognized standing.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!