Applications are open for the 2022 Scholarship in Austria – Fully Funded at Graz University of Technology – The Programme “Best of South-East”. The application deadline is 1st December 2021.
In cooperation with the University of Graz, University of Music and Performing Arts Graz and TU Graz, the Steiermärkische Sparkasse (Styrian Bank) initiated “Best of South-East”, an advancement and continuing education programme for talented and dedicated graduates and students from Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia.
The aim of the programme is to offer international work experience, education and training opportunities, as well as facilitate your entry into professional life via a trainee programme or internship.
The scholarship programme lasts 12 months (from September to the end of August) and includes at TU Graz:
- a scholarship for a 2-semester mobility programme at TU Graz (winter and summer semesters) and
- a 2-month trainee programme (in July and August)
- a German intensive course offered by treffpunkt sprachen (September or February) OR a German course during the semester offered by treffpunkt sprachen
Events and informative meetings are part of the scholarship programme and ensure that you are integrated into economic, cultural and scientific life in Styria.
Benefits of 2022 Scholarship in Austria
The total scholarship amount for 1 year is at most 9,000 Euro per student and includes the following:
- A monthly stipend of 750 Euro
- Tuition fees at TU Graz
- Various social and cultural activities – if the “Corona situation” allows for it
Scholarship students have to earn 3 ECTS-points per month (10 months in total) and have to prove these points at the end of their 2 semesters at TU Graz.
- Language skills in English or German (level B2)
- Age: max. 27 years at the time of application
- Citizenship: Slovenian, Bosnian and Herzegovinian, Croatian, Serbian, Montenegrin or the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (F.Y.R.O.M)
- Excellent grades
- Students need to have completed at least 4 semesters of their Bachelor’s degree by the time of the application
- Doctoral students require a letter of confirmation from the supervisor of your dissertation at TU Graz (please note that you yourself are responsible for finding a supervisor)
- Dedication, strong communication skills, adaptability, ability to solve both analytical and practical problems
Application Procedure for 2022 Scholarship in Austria
Step 1: Login data for the application process
To apply for a Best of South East scholarship at TU Graz, you need the login data for the application process from TU Graz. In order to receive the login data, you must send the following data to [email protected]:
- First given name
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Gender (female, male)
- Home institution (university)
You will then receive the login data to start your application process.
The online application must be completed by December 1st!
Step 2: Upload application documents
With the login data (step 1) you can start your application and upload the application documents. The online application must be completed by December 1st.
The following documents are required for the application:
- Confirmation of enrollment from your home university
- Personal statement in the form of an essay (not exceeding 2 pages) with a particular emphasis placed on your individual interests and motivation
- Transcript of Records / Diploma Certificate (if the original is in a language other than English or German, a translation in English or German, certified by the home university, is necessary):
- for Master’s students: Bachelor’s Degree Certificate and your Transcript of Records from the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes
- for PhD students: Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Certificates, as well as the Transcript of Records from the Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programmes
- 2 Letters of Recommendation: At least one of which must be issued by an academic. The letters of recommendation must be written by teachers who supervised or taught the students during their degree programme.
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form (in English or German)
- Copy of your passport
- Proof of German or English language skills: Language certificates may not be older than two years.
- German language skills (at least level B2); only official certificates from the ÖSD, Goethe Institute or universities will be accepted.
- English language skills (at least level B2); only official certificates will be accepted.
If you have been accepted by TU Graz as part of the mobility programme, your application will be forwarded to the Steiermärkische Sparkasse. The Steiermärkische Sparkasse is responsible for awarding the scholarships.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!