Application call for 2024 Eiffel Excellence Scholarship (Fully Funded). The application is open to international students and the deadline is 10th January 2024.
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program, initiated by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, opens doors for top international students seeking master’s and PhD programs in French higher education institutions. Designed to attract future leaders from various sectors, this scholarship prioritizes specific fields of study while welcoming applicants up to 30 years old from developing countries at the master’s level and up to 35 years old from both developing and industrialized countries at the PhD level.
About Campus France
Campus France, a public institution, plays a pivotal role in promoting French higher education worldwide and welcoming foreign students and researchers to France. With a mission to encourage international mobility, Campus France manages scholarship programs and cultivates a global alumni network.
Campus France oversees a range of activities, from announcing calls for applicants to facilitating the arrival and integration of scholarship recipients into France. The agency also manages the departure of French experts abroad and hosts foreign dignitaries and experts in France.
Scholarship Benefits of 2024 Eiffel Excellence Scholarship
For master’s level studies, the Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance and can be awarded for a duration ranging from 12 to 36 months. PhD-level scholars, on the other hand, receive a monthly allowance of €1,400 for a maximum of ten months. Furthermore, the program covers various expenses, including international return trips, social security coverage, and cultural activities. Depending on specific conditions, scholarship recipients may also be eligible for additional housing allowances.
To be eligible for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship:
- Nationality: Candidates must hold non-French nationality. Dual nationals, one of whom is French, are not eligible.
- Age: For master’s level, applicants must be no older than 30 years old on the selection committee date, born on or after 12 March 1987. For doctoral level, the maximum age is 35 years old, with a birth date on or after 12 March 1982.
- Application Origin: Only applications submitted through French educational establishments are accepted. These institutions commit to enrolling scholarship recipients in the selected courses. Applications through alternative means will not be considered, and candidates nominated by multiple establishments will be disqualified.
- Courses of Study: Scholarships are available for students enrolling in master’s courses, including engineering schools, and for PhD students. Note that the Eiffel Program does not apply to French-run master’s courses abroad, and non-PhD scholarship holders must complete at least 75% of their course in France. It also excludes apprenticeship or professional training contract programs.
- Combination with Other Scholarships: Students who have already been awarded a French government scholarship under another program at the time of application are not eligible, even if the existing scholarship does not include social security coverage.
- Reapplication: For Eiffel Master Scholarship, reapplication is not accepted for students previously rejected, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study. Eiffel PhD Scholarship allows institutions to nominate candidates who previously received a master’s level Eiffel scholarship for PhD-level awards. However, candidates who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship during their PhD studies cannot apply for a second time.
- Language Skills: Institutions must ensure that non-French-speaking candidates meet the language requirements of their chosen courses.
Applicants currently studying abroad receive priority over those already residing in France. The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program opens the door to French higher education for bright minds around the world.
- Applications usually open in October and close in January each year.
- Applications are reviewed from January to March.
- Pre-selection results are announced in March.
- Interviews take place in April.
- Final selection results are announced in May.
- Individual must apply and meet the requirements of the French Higher Education Institution in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- It is important to read the Eiffel Programme Guide and visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!