Login to your account
Don't have an account yet?
Create your own account and receive notifications of opportunities of your interest, save the opportunity you like and discuss.
2024 Mophradat Writing Sabbaticals for emerging Creative Writers

2024 Mophradat Writing Sabbaticals for emerging Creative Writers

Country: Arab
Looks like you haven't logged in.
Login to save opportunities.


2024 Mophradat Writing Sabbaticals for emerging Creative Writers

Application for 2024 Mophradat Writing Sabbaticals for emerging Creative Writers. Mophradat is supporting emerging creative writers from the Arab world working in contemporary fiction, nonfiction, and poetry.

Published writers currently working on a new text for publication and who need time to focus on its completion can apply to this program. Each participant will receive a stipend to allow them to take time out from their daily preoccupations and complete their project. The program offers a short sabbatical period for two or more writers per open call.

Check: 2024 Keeling Curve Prize ( up to $50,000)


  • The participant would receive an amount determined by Mophradat based on the local living costs in the writer’s country of residence, and covers a period from one month up to three months depending on the writer’s need.

Also Check: 2024 CEU Doctoral Scholarships

Specific Eligibility Criteria of 2024 Mophradat Writing Sabbaticals

  • Applicants must be from or living in the Arab world. Priority is given to those writing in Arabic and those based in the Arab world.
  • Applicants must be authors of creative writing including fiction, poetry, criticism, essay, and other literary forms. These sabbaticals are not for academic writing, film, or journalism.
  • Applicants must be published writers with at least two prior instances of publication (books, articles, essays etc.).
  • Applicants must provide a letter of interest from a publisher for the new work they are about to complete during this sabbatical. Innovative proposals in method and form will be given priority.
  • Applicants must commit to taking a leave from their day jobs for the entire sabbatical period (For those who are selected: if employed, a letter from their place of employment must be provided confirming the agreed time out).

You should take a look at, 2024 The Royal Society Career Development Fellowship in UK

Process for 2024 Mophradat Writing Sabbaticals

  • All applicants, whether selected or not, will receive a response to their applications by April 1, 2024.
  • Upon selection, a grant agreement will be signed between the recipient and Mophradat.
  • Funds will be released in a two-stage process: 70 percent when the agreement is signed, and the remaining 30 percent at the end of the sabbatical period upon submission of the completed manuscript and a short narrative summary of what was achieved.
  • The grantee engages to visibly credit Mophradat for the publication of their work, and send copies of any printed material to its office in Brussels.

Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!


Type of Opportunity Scholarships and Fellowships
Deadline01 February,2024
Contact the organizer+32 2 513 9259



Your email address will not be published. Fields marked with * are required.