Applications call for African Water Resources Mobility Network (AWaRMN) Programme – MSc/MTech. The program invites applicants from suitably qualified and outstanding candidates for full-time study in any of the Master of Science/ Master of Technology (MSc/MTech) academic mobility scholarship programmes of AWaRMN in any of the Higher Education Institutions within the partnership.
Rhodes University, South Africa (RU)
- MSc Water Resource Science
- MSc Hydrology
Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria (FUTMINNA)
- MTech Applied Hydrobiology
- MTech Hydrogeology
Makerere University, Uganda (MU)
The University of Kinshasa, Congo (UNIKIN)
Value of Scholarship
For successful applicants, the African Water Resources Mobility Network (AWaRMN) Programme will cover the following expenses
- Participation costs (e.g. tuition/registration fees) of students.
- Research costs (e.g. fieldwork, laboratory consumables).
- Subsistence allowance: MSc/MTech: 600 Euro per month.
- Special allowance to female students for mobility equal or more than 2 academic years, viz – MSc/MTech: 600 Euro per year.
- Economy class roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs
- Insurance (Health, accident, and travel)
- One-off settling-in allowance upon arrival to cover installation costs, viz – MSc/MTech: 600 Euro.
In order to be eligible for this program, applicants must
- A national of an African Union member state and resident in Africa at the time of application.
- Meet both institutional and partnership requirements for admission.
- Not have benefited from any form of previous support from Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme, or Intra-ACP Mobility or Erasmus or Erasmus + programmes.
- Be prepared to move from home country to another country where AWaRM has a partner institution. This also applies to foreign applicants who reside in a country with AWaRMN institution. For such applicants, you must then consider applying to a third country. For example, you are a Ugandan, but resides in South Africa or have studied in South Africa, you can not apply to Rhodes University in South Africa or Makerere in Uganda. Scholarships are attached to mobility.
The scholarship is attached to mobility and therefore you can not apply to an institution in the country where you are a citizen or where you reside. Similarly, if your previous degree is from a University outside of an African Union member state, you do not qualify.
Applicants must also fulfill the academic eligibility criteria of the partner institution(s) of their choice. Please read the Eligibility Criteria of the Partner Institutions document. You can find it here here
More information available here