Applications are now open for the African Women Public Service Fellowship 2020. The African Women Public Service Fellowship, made possible by a donation from the Oprah Winfrey Foundation, expands the opportunity for African women to impact public service in their home countries.
Moreover, Fellowship recipients commit to return to their respective home countries at the conclusion of the program with the goal of assuming a leadership position on the continent where they can meaningfully contribute to the challenges currently confronting Africa. Further, This fellowship is only available to degree-seeking students. The advanced professional certificate also non-degree programs are not applicable to this fellowship.
- The Fellowship provides full tuition, fees, housing, travel to and from the United States, also a small stipend to cover books also miscellaneous expenses.
- Applicant should be a citizen and resident in an African country at the time of application
- Further, Have a strong academic record
- Demonstrated commitment to public service
- An NYU Wagner education would significantly enhance your ability to have a deep and lasting impact on public service issues in your home country also region
- Applicable to the following programs:
- MPA Public & Nonprofit Management & Policy
- MPA Health Policy & Management
- Master of Urban Planning
- EMPA Public Service Leaders
- Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner for Fall 2020. The Fellowship Application Essay is in the fellowship section of the online application; there is not a separate application. Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in the application in order to be considered.
- Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews in early-to-mid February 2020.
- Likewise, Those select as fellowship finalists will be invite for an in-person interview with the Selection Committee in New York City in late March 2020. Those finalists who cannot travel to New York will be able to interview via Skype. This panel of judges will be of representatives from sponsoring organizations, faculty, and NYU Wagner alumni.