Applications are open for the London School of Economics & Political Science JournalismAI Fellowship Program 2023. The JournalismAI Fellowship Programme is a free online initiative that brings together journalists and technologists from media organisations worldwide to explore innovative solutions to improve journalism via the use of AI technologies.
Up to 30 journalists and technologists will be selected to join the 2023 Fellowship cohort and work together over the course of six months (June to December) towards building AI-powered solutions that enhance reporting.
To take part in the programme, you need to have some experience working on products and/or stories that involve the use of AI technologies. They have designed the programme so that fellows keep their jobs while they dedicate 8 hours a week to the Fellowship. Teams will be given financial support for project expenses, as well as mentorship and coaching from experts in the JournalismAI community.
Benefits from London School of Economics Fellowship
By the end of the programme participants will have:
- Improved their understanding of the potential offered to journalism by AI technologies
- Learned new methods and skills to experiment and prototype new ideas
- Developed their thinking about the role of technology in journalism
- Experienced the power of international collaboration
- Built trust between editorial and technical teams in their own organisation
- Gained new perspectives from a multicultural, interdisciplinary environment
- Learned about a set of AI-powered tools available for news organisations
- Developed an international network of like-minded news innovators
- Built a prototype of their AI-powered solution
- Shared their learnings with the global JournalismAI community
Cost of London School of Economics Fellowship
- Thanks to the support of the Google News Initiative, the programme is entirely free for selected participants.
Eligibility for London School of Economics Fellowship
- Open to pairs of journalists and technologists working in news organisations who have experience working on products and/or stories that involve the use of AI technologies.
- Fluency in English is required.
Application of London School of Economics Fellowship
- To apply, fill in this form to express your interest in participating in the programme. It’s a short application form but note that you already have to fill it in with the colleague you plan to pair up with for the Fellowship. (One joint submission, not two.)
- Apply as soon as possible because applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. The sooner you apply, the more time you will have for the match-making process (more on this soon), which will directly impact your chances of getting selected.
This initial application phase closes on Friday, 21 April, at 11:59 PM GMT.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.