The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program is a dynamic and multifaceted learning program designed for highly talented Asian individuals, under age 40, to enhance their leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, also, international exposure.
Moreover, the program reflects the Foundation’s six-decade tradition of investing in the region’s most promising future leaders. The 2020 program will consist of two intensive modules, including two weeks in Asia and two weeks in the United States, allowing Fellows to stay in their current occupations during the Fellowship year.
The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program is comprised of the following components:
- Leadership Dialogue and Exchange Program (Asia): The Leadership Dialogue and Exchange program in Asia includes leadership training modules—involving intensive coursework in a retreat setting to facilitate deep learning—and an Asian Development study tour program involving leading development practitioners and thinkers, recognized policy leaders, and also, local innovators who will help Fellows explore approaches that deliver positive impact and advance development knowledge.
- Forum on Leadership for Asia’s Future (Asia): The biennial Forum on Leadership for Asia’s Future: At the Frontlines of Change presents an invaluable opportunity to gather alumni of the seven current and former cohorts of Asia Foundation Development Fellows and also, other young and inspirational changemakers from across Asia to discuss shared development challenges, build and deepen networks of support, promote knowledge sharing, recognize achievements, and highlight creative avenues for innovation and collaboration.
- Leadership Dialogue and Exchange Program (United States): Asia Foundation Development Fellows will take part in a leadership dialogue and exchange program in the United States, providing important opportunities to extend personal bonds with their cohort, as well as building new international perspectives and networks of support and inspiration. Further, Over a two-week period, the Fellows will take part in a comprehensive series of programs, policy discussions, and unique learning and leadership development opportunities organized in and around San Francisco and Washington, D.C.
- The 2020 program will be conduct in Laos, Singapore, and the USA (San Francisco, and Washington DC) and includes a flexible small grant award of US $5,000.
Asia Foundation Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, also regional cooperation;
- Likewise, Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Further be under 40 years of age by January 1, 2020;
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results not important)liable and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan; Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and, also, Vietnam.