The Bartlett Promise Scholarship is open to applicants who are nationals of a Bartlett-approved list of Sub-Saharan African countries pursuing a Bartlett master’s program. Four scholarships are available to students starting September 2022!
- Full overseas tuition fees
- an allowance to cover living and study expenses (£15,364) for the normal duration of the program at UCL
- also, flight to/from the UK
- UK Study Visa costs
- English language assessment costs
- In addition, health test cost
- master’s program application fee costs
- the NHS health supplement charge in the UK.
- Moreover, all Promise scholars will also receive ongoing academic and career support during their studies.
For The Bartlett Promise Sub-Saharan African scholarship, candidates must:
- be a national of one of The Bartlett’s approved list of Sub-Saharan African (SSA) countries and resident in an eligible SSA country
- must not hold a British or dual British citizenship
- also, have an offer of admission to a Bartlett master’s program for study in 2022/23
- be in financial need (Assessed household income of less than £42,875)
In addition to these, due consideration will be given to candidates who meet any of these criteria:
- be a forced migrant
- be the first generation in the family to attend university at the undergraduate level
- also, be the first generation in the family to attend university at the postgraduate level
Eligible Countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Republic of Congo, Cote D’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
How to Apply?
Once you have an offer of a place, you can apply to The Bartlett Promise for a scholarship.
The Bartlett Promise application form will open on 1 March 2022 and close on 18 April 2022 at 23.45BST.
This scholarship will consider your educational, personal, and financial circumstances. You will need to demonstrate these in your application. Assessment of applications will be made in relation to the eligibility criteria.