The Augsburg Baseball Fellowship Program provides professional experience in coaching which complements graduate instruction and research at Augsburg University. The fellow is responsible for assisting the head coach with the development and success of their sport.
The fellow will be expected to recruit prospective student-athletes through emails, mailings, phone calls, campus visits, home visits, scouting, evaluation, and web-based recruiting programs (ie Front Rush), pursuant to NCAA, MIAC and Augsburg recruiting and admissions standards and regulations.
The candidate on this Baseball Fellowship at Augsburg University will do the following duties
- Assist the head coach with planning training and practice sessions based on the strategy and philosophy of the program. Perform all practice coaching responsibilities.
- Assist the head coach with game-planning and coaching. They will also provide individual and group skill instruction and player development.
- Supervise work-study students/team managers/volunteers as assigned.
- Also assist the head coach with organizing team travel, lodging, meals, equipment, budget, and team fundraisers as assigned. Establish and maintain connections/relationships with alumni as assigned.
- Develop and implement an on-going professional development plan.
- They will be expected to adhere to the MIAC Code of Ethics and follow MIAC and NCAA guidelines and regulations while representing a positive image of the athletic program, the University, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Fellows will be expected to develop group/team cohesion and serve as a guide, resource, and mentor to student-athletes.
- In addition to that, they will assist with motoring academic progress of student-athletes in connection with the coaching staff, academic support staff, compliance officer, and athletic director.
Terms of Fellowship
- The fellow must be accepted by an Augsburg graduate program.
- Must be enrolled in an Augsburg graduate program for a minimum of two (2) courses per-term (6 credits).
- The duration of the fellowship is two years. If a fellow vacates the fellowship prior to the conclusion of the two-year term or is not able to maintain satisfactory academic standing, all tuition costs/benefits will be assumed by the fellow.
- The candidate will receive full tuition benefits. Fellows are fully responsible for payment of all non-tuition costs, including student fees, parking fees, finance charges on unpaid balances, books/supplies, etc.
- In addition to full tuition benefits, the fellow will receive a $6,000 annual stipend.
- Bachelors degree required
- Valid drivers license required
- Candidates should also have competitive playing and/or coaching experience at the college level or equivalent.
- Moreover, candidates must be able to work effectively in a diverse work environment, be attentive to details, have the ability to lead and work independently as well as within a team environment, maintain confidentiality, show initiative, handle frequent interruptions and manage projects while keeping an organized workflow.