Applications call for Career Services Fellowship at Elon University in the United States of America.
This Career Services Fellowship appointment at Elon University is for 10 months (August to May annually) and is full-time. The fellow will report to the associate director of career services other career services staff as directed by the executive director. The fellow will also assist with all aspect of the operation: one-on-one advising, teaching up to 6 transition strategy courses per year, leading outreach and programming in the residential life communities on campus, supporting student professional development programming initiatives, social media and other office marketing efforts and other duties as necessary including events and employer relations.
The individual appointed to this full-time, 10-month positions will assist in all aspects of the operation but in particular focus on supporting staff with:
- Career advising 1:1 appointments, classroom/student organization presentations, and employer relations.
- Collaborating with Student Life and additional offices across campus to continue leading career programming initiatives, with a special interest in the Station at Mill Point Neighborhood which is a residential neighborhood predominately consisting of seniors with a community theme focused on preparing them for life after Elon.
- Building relationships with offices/departments across campus that align with professional interests to further support the work of the SPDC.
- Teaching Elon’s student “Transitions Strategies” courses (one credit hour weekly courses preparing students for their professional life after college offered every semester).
- Supporting Elon’s growing list of student professional development programming and events, (potentially working in a virtual capacity).
- Assisting with marketing efforts (e.g. blog writing) while showing an interest in supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives within the office.
- Upon starting the fellowship, candidates must have completed their graduate degree in a related field such as counseling, higher education administration, or human resources.
- Candidates must be able to commit to the full 10-month appointment to begin in August, including committing to living accommodations on-campus.
- Furthermore, a successful applicants must possess outstanding communication skills (interpersonal, written, and oral), the ability to effectively multi-task, strong attention to detail, a passion for learning, and a strong customer service orientation.