Applications are open for Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship (Fully-funded). The Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship aims at mid-career Ethiopian public servants and government officials with demonstrable skills in the fields of policy, innovation, and leadership.
The fellowship is hosted by Coventry University in multiple locations across the UK (London, Birmingham, Coventry, and other regions) and in Brussels, Belgium. The fellowship is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
Fellows will undertake an eight-week course covering the following main themes:
- Leadership for government and public policy
- Public policy analysis and management
- Evidence-based policymaking
- Policy delivery mechanisms and measuring policy impact
- Personal public service leadership and impact
- Strategy setting, transparency, accountability, and stakeholder engagement
- Manage change in public policy
Each fellowship includes
- Full programme fees.
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship.
- Return economy airfare from Ethiopia to the UK.
To be eligible for a Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship, you must:
- Be a citizen of Ethiopia and currently live in the country.
- Return to your country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship.
- At least seven years’ relevant public service experience prior to applying.
- Have a postgraduate level qualification, or equivalent professional training, or experience in a relevant area at the time of application.
- Excellent written and spoken English to be assessed by the fellowship assessment panel.
- Already be, or aspire to be, a senior leader in the Ethiopian public service.
- Demonstrate a commitment to leadership development and innovation.
- Not hold British or dual-British citizenship.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here