For the academic session of 2020, the Chinese Government is endowing fully funded scholarship to International Students for postgraduate studies. The scholarship is available at the Northeast Agricultural University (NEAU) which is among the 279 universities responsible for educating students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program. The Government of China offers this scholarship in order to promote friendship and understanding between people in China and abroad as well as develop communication and cooperation in aspects of politics, economics, culture, and education.
Fully Funded Chinese Government Scholarship
The Government of China offers a full scholarship to postgraduate students, teachers, and scholars who demonstrate an excellent academic background. The beneficiary of this scholarship receives:
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and fee for accommodation on campus;
- Fee for Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China.
- A Monthly living allowance payable to the students by the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- Master degree students: CNY 3,000
- Doctoral degree students: CNY 3,500
Further, scholars should note that NEAU provides free accommodation for Chinese Government Scholarship students. Two bachelor students shall live in one room while one doctoral student or master student shall live in one room.
Eligibility for the 2020 Chinese Government Scholarship
The Chinese Government considers a candidate eligible for scholarships if their profile aligns with the government’s profile, which includes:
- Must be a non-Chinese citizen.
- Likewise, applicants should be in healthy physical condition.
- Education background and age limit:
- Master degree students must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Doctoral degree students must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Further, the applicants should demonstrate excellent achievement in studies
- Comparative good ability in research
- Also, the applicants do not gain any other scholarship
How to apply for the 2020 Chinese Government Scholarship at Northeast Agricultural University?
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate). The applicants shall download the Application Form after application online and stamp a two-inch photo on the form and should leave a signature in the required blank.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (printed by CSC), the original document and a copy, filled in Chinese or in English.
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students, they shall provide pre-graduation certificates. Moreover, documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Applicants for graduate studies are required to provide undergraduate transcripts. While the applicants for doctoral studies need to provide undergraduate transcripts and graduate transcripts. Moreover, transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
- Applicants for master and doctoral degree studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
- Published academic papers and academic achievements, however, it is not compulsory.
- A copy of the HSK certificate (not compulsory).
- Also, the applicants must submit a copy of the passport.
- Digital ID photo with white background
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form filled in English
- Acceptance letter from a supervisor (not compulsory)
International students can send the scholarship application for Chinese Government Scholarship at NEAU until 31 March 2020. Applications arriving after the deadline are not valid.