Applications call for Clinical Skills Fellowship at the American University of the Caribbean. The American University of the Caribbean seeks new Clinical Skills Clerkship (CSC) in Miramar, Florida. The Clinical Skills Fellow (CSF) position will assist and prepare students in their transition to clinical training during the Clinical Skills Clerkship
Candidates on Clinical Skills Fellowship at American University of the Caribbean will do the following duties
- Assist the Clinical Skills Clerkship Director in providing a multi-modular offering including, but not limited to, topics dealing with communication skills, doctor-patient relationship, ethics, physical diagnosis, the pathophysiology of the disease, clinical skills development through simulation, use of standardized patients, and new case creation.
- Prepare and present educational lectures to students as part of the didactics program and professional identity formation.
- Facilitate small group learning in which physical examination and interviewing skills are developed.
- Serve as an evaluator in practical examinations in which students are directly observed as they interview and examine simulated patients.
- Facilitate small group discussions and reflective practices as appropriate.
- Act as a coach for students as they begin their third year of medical school, including expectations for clerkships, examination information, and guidance for NBME Shelf Exams, Step 2 CS & CK.
- Facilitate synchronous and asynchronous communication with cohorts of AUC students during the clinical skills clerkship.
- Provide instruction and facilitate students’ use of Canvas and E*Value.
- Demonstrate learning resources available to clinical students and encourage their use.
- Review clerkship students’ use of learning resources and facilitate students’ ongoing use of E*Value for patient logging and completion of evaluations.
- Refer students to the appropriate departments and resources.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Applicants must the following qualifications for Clinical Skills Fellowship at American University
- Must be a recent medical school graduate of AUC.
- Must have the M.D. degree and completion of all rotations.
- Satisfactory or better grade in the 5th semester.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Strong Teaching skills and experience or evidence of potential.
- The desire for self-improvement.
- Flexibility and ability to work well on a team.
- Must demonstrate exceptional professionalism.
- Ability to research queries independently.
- Understanding of when to handle something independently and when to take it to the team or manager.
- Experience with some of AUC’s clinical education placements.
- Strong writing skills.
- Familiarity working with medical students in clinical settings and familiarity with US evaluation mechanisms. (OSCEs, USMLE Step 2 CK/CS).
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC) is an international medical school preparing physicians for careers in the United States, Canada, and worldwide