Applications are now open for the CMU Australia Scholarships for International Students 2020. Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) is a private, global, research university which stands among the world’s most renowned educational institutions.
Established in 1900 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Carnegie Mellon has been a birthplace of innovation. Further, a global leader in bringing ground-breaking ideas to market and creating successful start-up businesses. Students graduate with a Carnegie Mellon University US degree and are taught by highly-qualified faculty from Adelaide, Pittsburgh, and Washington D.C. using face-to-face and video conference delivery. Further, small student-to-faculty ratios ensure that the faculty provide students with personalized attention to meet their individual needs.
Also, the scholarships are to eligible students from Asia, South America, Africa. Also, apply for Carnegie Mellon University Australia master programs in August 2019 and 2020.
The CMU Australia Scholarships for International Students is at AUD $20,000 for the duration of 21-month masters degrees, also AUD $15,000 for the duration of 12-month masters degrees. The scholarship includes:
- AUD $18,000 as reduction of tuition fee for 21-month courses, or AUD $13,000 as reduction of tuition fee for 12-month courses
- Along with, Up to AUD $2,000 contribution to airfares for the student and a student’s family member.
Students who are eligible for the scholarships need to meet the below criteria:
- Be a citizen of a country in Asia, South America or Africa
- Meet the admission requirements for a CMU Australia full-time master coursework degree, 12 month or 21-month tracks
- Further, submit a video (1-2 minutes) or an essay (200-500 words) outlining their ambition to contribute to the development of their country or/and Asia, South America and Africa region
- Be accepted into a CMU Australia master coursework degree commencing in August 2019 or August 2020
Accept CMU Australia’s offer letter and pay the deposit by the required deadline
- Further, Students who are citizens or hold permanent residency of Australia or New Zealand are not eligible
- This scholarship will not be applicable for students who defer the commencement
- This scholarship is not applicable in conjunction with any another CMU Australia scholarships or other government scholarships including but not to Endeavour and Australian Awards scholarships
- Also, Students need to maintain their enrolment throughout their course in full-time study and meet CMU Australia’s academic progression policy
- If a student withdraws from the master program before completion, he/she may be to repay the value of the scholarship.