Apply for Cora Weiss Fellowship For Young Women Peacebuilders 2022. Its pleased to announce its sixth annual Cora Weiss Fellowship for Young Women Peacebuilders.
The Fellowship aims to support the development of young women peacebuilders. Also ensure that more young people share Cora’s vision for sustainable peace and gender equality as strong and integral parts of our global culture.
It provides a young woman with the opportunities and platforms to elevate the concerns and priorities of women and girls in their country in global policy discussions at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City.
- Will cover roundtrip airfare from country of origin to New York
- Also, health insurance
- will also provide the fellow with the stipend to cover room and board
- as well as local transportation and other personal expenses for one year
- Have a deep familiarity with UN Security Council Resolution (UNSCR) 1325 on the Women, Peace, and Security Agenda; UNSCR 2250 on the Youth, Peace, and Security Agenda
- Have at least two years’ work experience in policy advocacy on women’s rights, human rights, peacebuilding and other social justice issues,
- at least two years’ experience in program implementation in a women’s rights, human rights in a developing country;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in international relations, women’s or gender studies, or any of the social sciences;
- Have lived or worked in a developing or conflict-affected country for at least two years;
- Have excellent information and communication skills, with the creativity and enthusiasm for adapting evolving strategies
- Are highly motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to manage deadlines and commitments;
- Possess a collaborative spirit, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Full proficiency in English is necessary. Proficiency in any other UN language is a plus.
Deadline : 15 July 2022.
Follow Our Telegram for More Opportunities.