QS World University ranking puts Deakin University at 309th position in the world. Known for its high-quality education, excellent employment prospects Deakin University offers a large number of programs for its undergraduate as well as post-graduate studies. Further, the tuition fee is comparatively affordable than Curtin University. Moreover, Deakin University also provides the International scholarship for students pursuing studies in undergraduate as well as postgraduate programs.
The RTP scholarships (previously APA) are funded by the Australian Government, while the DUPR scholarships are funded by Deakin University. Both awards are available to domestic and international students. Only top-ranked applicants will receive an RTP.
Stipend and Allowances Value
- A stipend of $27,596 per annum tax exempt (2019 rate)
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (for single to family) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- For international students only: overseas health coverage for the duration of the tuition fees offset
- 3 years for stipend and 4 years for the tuition fees offset for Doctoral Degree
- 2 years for stipend and 2 years for the tuition fees offset for Research Master Degree
- To be eligible for a scholarship, the applicant must be a domestic or international student pursuing postgraduate HDR course of study at Deakin University
- Likewise, Applicants should not receive an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth that offset HDR fees
- Further, applicants must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs. Nor that income should be greater than 75 percent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study is not taken into account. Nor it will account the income received for the student’s course that doesn’t support general living costs.
- Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for information on admission requirements to an HDR course at Deakin University.
Postgraduate students will receive the RTP and DUPRS scholarship as the result of a competitive process outlined in the ranking guidelines as below.
- Students receiving an RTP or DUPRS Stipend will be enrolled as on-campus full-time students.
- Applicants for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend must have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies. Further, they must achieve a first class Honours degree or equivalent academic achievement. Also, they should meet all other minimum entry requirements according to the HDR Admission, Selection and Enrolment Procedure. Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for more information.
- Current students can apply for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend and will be assessed by the Faculty/Institute. Current students may not apply after they have completed more than 3 years of their doctoral course or 2 years of their master’s course (or part-time equivalent).
How To Apply
Deakin has a streamlined process for applying for a higher degree by research. You need to apply via the online Higher Degree by Research Application Form. You’ll need to attach a number of certified supporting documents, in addition to your research proposal and referee reports.