Apply for Democracy Now! Video Production Fellowships 2021. Democracy Now! fellowships are full-time, one-year work placements that pay a livable wage and include fully paid medical and dental benefits. The fellowships provide support and mentorship to underrepresented early-career journalists and digital media professionals, including BIPOC, people with disabilities and gender nonconforming people.
A successful Video Production Fellow will have camera and video editing skills, work well under deadline pressure and have some news or editorial experience. They should be an avid consumer of daily global news, demonstrate a passion for Democracy Now!’s independent news mission and be a strong team player with a great attitude and a professional demeanor. Key duties include shooting news events, editing video news packages and working on the live broadcast.
Candidate on this Democracy Now Video Production Fellowships will be doing the following functions
- Preparing video packages and visual elements for newscast and website.
- Working with the production team during the live morning show.
- Operating teleprompter and studio cameras.
- Shooting and editing field packages, including speeches, protests, press conferences and other news events.
- Supporting producers and social media team in editing content for web and social media.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years of video shooting and editing experience, ideally including some news experience.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere strongly preferred.
- Finger on the pulse of national and global news.
- Commitment to Democracy Now!’s independent media mission.
- Creative, flexible and comfortable with the pressures of a live news environment.
- Tech-savvy, familiar with most social media platforms and interested in learning new technologies and systems.
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) as well sa news writing experience a plus. Similarly, experience with all Adobe Creative Suite applications a plus.
- Applicants must have a valid US work authorization and be available to work full-time in New York City for the duration of the one-year fellowship.
- Democracy Now! is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, people with disabilities, women and LGBTQ-identified people are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as received, so applying early is strongly encouraged. All applications for Democracy Now! Video Production Fellowships must be received by August 15, 2021, and must include:
- A complete chronological resume, including dates of employment.
- The names and contact information for two references.
- A relevant work sample, ideally a news story you’ve worked on.
- A cover letter that addresses the following points: Why are you a good fit for this position? and How and when did you first discover Democracy Now!?
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here