Applications are now open for the Democratic Alliance (DA) Young Leaders Program 2020, South Africa. The Young Leaders Programme is an intensive, year-long, part-time political leadership development course. Further, known around the world as the gold standard in political development. The Programme strives to give passionate, young South African leaders the opportunity to develop themselves to their full potential, irrespective of their background.
Moreover, Over the course of one year, participants of the programme will be given the chance to broaden their political knowledge, critical thinking and communication skills. Participants will also get to know themselves, and their personal leadership style and development need a lot better during dedicated sessions on leadership and personal development. In addition, Young Leaders will be required to conceptualize and undertake a leadership project, giving them a unique opportunity to expand their influence, self-awareness and emotional maturity, so that they can become dynamic, resilient leaders who are able to tackle politics on the national stage.
- All costs directly related to the YLP are covered by the Democratic Alliance (DA). The Young Leaders Programme does not cover international traveling costs.
- Open to all young South African citizens between the ages of 18 and 35, with a track-record of leadership excellence;
- These applicants must share the DA’s vision and must have proven themselves to be passionate leaders set on making a difference in South Africa;
- Participants must either be living in South Africa or if they are temporarily abroad, be returning to South Africa in time for the start of the programme.
Young Leaders should typically demonstrate many of the following characteristics:
- A personal ideological alignment to the DA’s vision of One Nation with One Future, rooted in their values. Further, of Freedom, Fairness, Opportunity, and Diversity;
- A high level of interest in, and knowledge about, South African politics and current affairs;
- An excellent understanding of the DA’s principles and policies;
- Further, A demonstrable leadership track record;
- Examples and evidence of having taken initiative, stepping outside normal roles to start something new;
- Also, The ability to argue and reason well;
- Passion, drive, and confidence;
- Likewise, An authentic motivation to be actively involve in politics in the future;
- A high level of self-awareness, maturity and emotional intelligence;
- Involvement in the Democratic Alliance (DA).