DLR Standout Student Scholarship
Since 2007, the German Aerospace Center (DLR) has supported German students to attend the Space Generation Congress (SGC) and the International Astronautical Congress (IAC). Through the partnership between SGAC and the DLR, this scholarship programme is once available again for the 15th Annual Space Generation Congress (21 – 23 September 2017) and the 678th International Astronautical Congress (25 – 29 September 2017) in Adelaide, Australia.
This year’s scholarship is now open for submissions. The award will be selected by the SGAC and DLR to award 2 German university students who demonstrate outstanding activity and motivation in the space sector. The scholarship winners will be publicly announced through the SGAC network and PR channels.
Two winners will receive an award of 1200 EUR in order to attend SGC 2017 and IAC 2017 in Adelaide, Australia. The award will partially cover the expenses for the flight, accommodation and conference registration fees in Adelaide. The winners have to take responsibility for additional expenses. The scholarship is provided to the winners after all activities and responsibilities are satisfied.
- 16th Space Generation Congress: 21 – 23 September 2017
- 68th International Astronautical Congress: 25 – 29 September 2017
- The language of all submissions must be English.
- Applicants are asked to submit their CV with date of birth and a headshot photo, and a short letter expressing your motivation of up to 1000 words.
- All the submissions have to be merged into one single document (unlocked PDF under 5 MB) and submitted via the Scholarships Submission Page.
- All submissions must be made by 4 June 2017, 23:59 GMT. Any submissions after the deadline will not be considered.
- The scholarship is open to all university students of German nationality.
- All applicants must be SGAC members 35 years of age or younger by 25 September 2017.
- The scholarship winners will be positive representatives of the German space generation and this DLR scholarship during SGC and the IAC.
- Winners are required to support the running of SGC and the SGAC booth at IAC. Examples of tasks could include being the rapporteur of a SGC Working Group, helping with writing a group report or helping at the SGAC booth at IAC.
- Winners will together produce a written report covering the SGC and IAC within two weeks after the events to be published on DLR PR channels.
- Each winner will document their individual participation, contribution, feedback and experience at both congresses and produce a report (in English) within two months after the events for internal evaluation.
- The award will be paid out after the congress, and upon fulfilment of all requirements in a suitable manner. It will be paid out not later than 60 days after fulfilment of all responsibilities.
- By submitting an entry, contestants agree to permit SGAC and DLR to mention their names, affiliations and headshot picture in connection with the competition.
- Organisers shall not be responsible in the event that the award winner fails to attend the SGC and/or IAC; in that case the award offer shall become void.
- Organisers shall not be responsible in the event that the award winner cannot obtain any necessary travel documents; if they are required but not obtained, the award offer shall become void.
Deadline: 15th June 2017