Applications call for ECA Fellowship Programme for Young African Professionals. This Fellowship programme aims to provide practical, on-the-job experience to the young professionals in their early and middle career in the academy, public sector or international development in providing them exposure and learning in a multicultural environment of the UN and contribute to the work of ECA. It will also provide the candidates with the opportunity to familiarize with the Commission’s broad programmes and services to member States and subregional bodies in addressing the economic and social dimensions of Africa’s development priorities. This should expectedly improve their skills, capacity and intellectual ability.
The ECA Fellowship Programme is hereby inviting applications from qualified young African Professionals in the following thematic areas:
- Macroeconomic policy, Economic Governance & Public Finance
- Private Sector Development & Finance, including Innovative Finance & Capital Markets
- Poverty, Inequality and social policy
- Gender equality and women empowerment
- Demographic Dynamics for Development
- Innovation and Technology
- Climate Change &Management of Natural Resources, including Green Economy
- Industrialization and Economic Diversification Policies
- Development Planning and Statistics
- Regional Integration; Infrastructure and Trade
- Labor Economics and Employment
- Communication and strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation
Within delegated authority, the Fellows will be responsible for the following duties:
- Agree to a work programme in the area of economic and social development defined mutually with the receiving/mentoring Division, Sub-Regional Office or Centre.
- Contribute to the work of the Division, Sub-Regional Office or Centre by carrying out research, analytical studies, drafting reports and supporting other activities, as directed.
- Assignments within the areas of focus may include, but are not limited to, collecting, evaluating, interpreting, and analysing economic, social and political development issues in the focus areas.
- Contribute to technical and policy reports, briefing notes, and support in the organization and servicing of expert group meetings, workshops, and seminars; and fulfil various other administrative tasks for the effective delivery of the activities.
- Prepare a research paper and make presentation on it in the course of their fellowship.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree or doctorate or their equivalents) in international affairs, development, diplomacy, economics, political and social sciences, development, peace and human security, public administration, law, minerals and natural
resources, engineering, and related field is required.
- Academic research or academic work related to the focus thematic areas is necessary.
- Experience in research/analytical work in socio-economic and political development, natural resource management/law, regional integration, infrastructure development, governance, peace and related areas in the context of Africa, either in the academia, private, public or civil society organizations, is an advantage.
- For the fellowship advertised, fluency in either language is a necessary and working knowledge of the other is desirable.
More Information Here