Apply for Roux Post-Doctoral Education and Research Fellowship at Northeastern University. The Portland campus is seeking one post-doctoral education/research fellow for the Northeastern Roux Institute. This unique dual fellowship will train the Fellow in evidence-based teaching practices and research principles in real-world evidence generation to support regulatory science.
Candidates on this Education and Research Fellowship at Northeastern University will serve in the following areas: Education and Research
- The primary education responsibilities include learning how to develop and teach experiential graduate courses through active participation in Northeastern Center for Advanced Teaching and Learning Through Research (CATLR) programming, teaching two biotechnology classes, and leading 2 laboratories over the course of the year.
- Fellows are mentored by Roux and NU Biotechnology faculty.
- The Fellow is responsible for contributing to the development of course materials and developing assessment materials, holding office hours, grading, and managing class projects.
- The research team focuses on developing methods and applying them in observational data from large-scale federated datasets (e.g. electronic health records and administrative claims data), with specific applications to data quality and establishing validity of real-world evidence.
- The Fellow will work on projects that directly improve our ability to use real-world data to characterize patient populations, construct population-level estimates relating exposures to health outcomes, and enhance clinical decision making through improved patient-level predictions.
- The Fellow will use state-of-the-art statistical software and methods to combine and analyze large-scale federated health data from diverse sources while preserving privacy.
- This Fellow will have opportunities to collaborate on group projects and in “Study-A-Thons” with the greater OHDSI and Northeastern University community.
- There will be opportunities to mentor junior team members and provide educational support across the OHDSI Center.
- The Fellow will be responsible for leading at least one OHDSI research project to culminate in a peer-reviewed publication, OHDSI community meeting presentation or other conference proceedings.
- The Fellow will also be responsible for contributing to the development of Northeastern University’s micro-credentials for OHDSI skill development.
- PhD degree in engineering or science from an accredited institution, related to biology and informatics.
- Also, a demonstrated ability to work/collaborate with others and work independently and a desire to teach and pursue research in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience with college-level instruction evidenced by evaluations or references.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong statistical and computational background.
- Experience processing and analyzing large datasets related to healthcare and life sciences.