Applications are open for EDUFI Fellowship Program 2021. The EDUFI Fellowship is intended, particularly, for providing initial funding to carry out research for a doctoral thesis in Finland. The program attracts excellent young researchers to Finland with the fellowship, the majority of whom have also managed to secure further funding for their research.
EDUFI Fellowship Program are to
- Starting work on a doctoral research project if the whole doctoral thesis will be completed in a Finnish university. You cannot apply for the grant at the end of a research project or for post-doctoral research.
- Completing a double degree in Finland.
- A study visit for post-graduate students working on a doctoral thesis in a university outside Finland, if there are particularly compelling reasons for the cooperation.
- The fellowship grant is intended for post-graduate studies as well as research and teaching cooperation in Finnish universities in all fields of study.
- Applicants must be a doctoral student or a young researcher from outside Finland.
Applicants can apply for a fellowship for a non-Finnish post-graduate (post Master’s degree) student or a young researcher that you will invite to Finland or who has been in Finland for a maximum of one year before applying for the fellowship.
- Furthermore, the EDUFI Fellowship is available to all foreign nationals and all fields of study.
Candidates can apply for the fellowship grant if s/he
- Work as a researcher or a teacher in a Finnish university department
- Will be hosting the research fellow
- Commit to common objectives with the research fellow
- Will offer facilities and equipment for the use of the research fellow
- Are ready to supervise the research.