Eisenhower Fellowships Youth Leadership Network is aimed at youth aged 18 to 25 years. It is to complement the existing Fellow network of dynamic, mid-career change agents. All Eisenhower Fellows are currently to engage with the global EF network, including a commitment to mentoring as part of post-fellowship service to their communities. The Eisenhower Youth Leaders Network deepens EF’s commitment to mentorship and support efforts to cultivate the next generation of leaders.
Moreover, Over time a vibrant global network of the next generation of young leaders will be created. The potential for stand-alone global events aimed specifically at youth. Also, deepening Eisenhower Fellowships as an institution, expanding its base of champions and change agents. Further, amplifying its positive impact on sectors and societies around the world.
- Youth Leaders attend a global or regional conference. The 2020 cohort will be at the Future of Education conference in Cartagena, Colombia. Previous groups attended the Future of Work conference in Malaga, Spain, and the Women’s Leadership and European conference held in London last October.
- The Eisenhower Youth Leaders benefit from exposure and access to a global network of accomplished leaders in all sectors and from every region of the world. EF ensures that each young person is to at least one mentor who commits to working with the young man or woman for at least one year. Post-initiative, the Eisenhower Youth Leaders are to share what they have learned through a project report.
- Like the Fellows, Eisenhower Youth Leaders represent all countries and regions in the EF network, including the United States;
- Likewise, Nominating committees to help find and select promising young men and women with demonstrated leadership qualities;
- Interested candidates submit an application describing their experience and accomplishments, as well as how they believe they can serve and lead their communities and peers forward to make the world a better place;
- Candidates need to articulate a project idea as well. All candidates attend an in-person interview with the selection committee in their home country.