Explore Opportunities: CGIAR/WFP Stability-and-Peace Accelerator Programme 2024 ($30,000 equity-free Grant)
The global challenge of hunger and malnutrition is felt most acutely in fragile and conflict-affected settings (FCAs), where over 1.5 billion people face unprecedented threats to food security and livelihoods. The CGIAR, in partnership with the World Food Progamme (WFP) Innovation Accelerator, are launching the “Stability-and-Peace Accelerator Programme” to seek and scale high-impact innovations that bolster food, land, and water systems (FLWS) in these vulnerable regions.
They are calling on innovators, entrepreneurs and changemakers to come forward with groundbreaking solutions that can drive resilience, ensure food and nutrition security, enhance climate adaptability and promote social cohesion and sustainability among communities battered by conflict and fragility.
The WFP Innovation Accelerator and CGIAR will support selected teams through a comprehensive programme designed to accelerate the development of promising solutions and prepare them for scaling. Alongside financial, technical and business support, this includes the provision of scientific advisory, aimed to improve the innovator’s ability to create life-changing sustainability impact. Our focus is on sourcing and nurturing solutions that are not only innovative but also sustainable and scalable, with the potential to create lasting positive change in some of the world’s most challenging environments.
You should check out: Empowering Tomorrow’s Trailblazers: Unveiling the 2024 Orange Corners Nigeria Incubation Programme
Benefits of Stability and Peace Accelerator Programme
- Six-month Sprint acceleration programme combining business-oriented training, mentoring, and science-based technical assistance from the WFP Innovation Accelerator
- Access to the research network of CGIAR, the world’s largest publicly funded research-for-development organization
- In-country strategy workshop to kick off implementation
- US$30,000 equity-free grant for each of the winning innovations with a proven sustainable business model and scaling plan
- Exposure to national and international funders
- Post-acceleration support.
You might find it worthwhile to investigate: MLOVE Fellowship Program for Young Leaders (Fully Funded)
- Your organization must be an established legal entity (for-profit, not-for-profit, social business, NGO, INGO).
- Your organization should have a presence or willingness to build a presence in one of the four countries of implementation (Jordan, Kenya, Nigeria or Yemen). This could take the form of a country office or other permanent presence, subsidiary, long-term operations or partnerships in the country.
- Your innovation addresses one or more of the priority innovation areas related to pressing challenges faced in the humanitarian space of the country of implementation.
- Your innovation should have reached the minimum viable product stage and is gearing up for scale.
- Your innovation should have a clear pathway to scale and a potential plan to implement during the six-month Sprint with the available funding.
- Applicants are expected to have strong intentions to collaborate with relevant humanitarian stakeholders, build relationships with CGIAR country offices, and connect with the innovation ecosystems.
- The applicants should demonstrate a clear need for research and development for the conceptual and commercial development of their innovation.
Check: Taylor/Blakeslee Graduate Fellowships 2024 ($6,000)
Evaluation criteria for Stability and Peace Accelerator Programme
Your application will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Level of innovation/innovativeness: The solution is novel, innovative and has a strong social impact regarding the mentioned themes.
- Relevance to the context: The solution addresses at least one of the priority areas, is suitable to at least one of the four country contexts, and provides concrete solutions to end-users/target beneficiaries.
- Sustainability and scalability of the solution: The solution presents a clear business model and sustainable revenue model.
- Quality of the team: Proven competence, technical coherence, commitment, motivation, entrepreneurial mindset, diverse and inclusive team.
- Clearly defined needs: The solution has an area of expansion or improvement, which can be saturated through venture and capacity building as well as research and development.
To submit your application, please complete the Application Form before 16 February 2024, 11:59 pm.