Postdoctoral Fellowship at the Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow for the Department of Medicine – Endocrinology at the Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI), the Postdoc will conduct specialized research techniques and procedures related to the cellular and molecular biology of metabolic diseases, with a focus on endocrinology and metabolism. They will use their judgment to apply methods and techniques and to analyze and present data. The Postdoc will also assist with budgetary, training and admin responsibilities; and will perform general laboratory support tasks to ensure the smooth functioning of the lab.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Perform specialized research techniques and procedures related to the pathophysiology and molecular biology of diseases, particularly in the areas of metabolic disease, CNS, inflammation, immunity, infection, and stem cells.
- Compile and analyze data with appropriate conclusions and recommendations in support of further research, as well as research publications, grant applications and will present data to PI and other lab members.
- Assists in the establishment of performance standards, as well as in the selection of research methodologies and instrumentation, and coordination of instrumentation and experimental approaches in support of research.
- Assist with the instruction and training of students, fellows, residents, and research assistants in laboratory techniques/procedures in the area of cellular and molecular biology to carry out research assignments.
- Submits purchase recommendations to PI for analytic and preparative equipment, cellular and molecular biological reagents, and laboratory operating supplies.
- Assist in maintaining laboratory records and files.
- Assist the Principal Investigator with the preparation of grant applications
- The researcher must hold a PhD or MD degree. In addition to that, the researcher must have relevant background in Biomedical Sciences, specifically biology, cell biology, genetics and biochemistry/molecular biology.
- Must have laboratory experience in cell culture and recombinant DNA.
- Candidates in all but degree (ABD) status will also be considered.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills; and ability to understand and communicate in English to sufficiently perform the job duties.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency and working knowledge of database and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Furthermore, the researcher must have the ability to work collaboratively and independently.