Applications are now open for FENS Forum 2022 with a Chen-FENS Science Writer Fellowship!
The FENS Forum in Paris will offer a high-quality and wide-ranging scientific and social program designed to showcase the frontiers of neuroscience. It will provide a great platform to discuss science and learn about new concepts and technological developments.
The FENS Forum is the main international meeting for brain-related research in Europe. It facilitates true scientific exchange and inter-disciplinary collaboration between researchers worldwide.
- A Science Writer Fellowship of up to EUR 2,500 to cover the travel, accommodation, and daily expenses at the FENS Forum 2022 in Paris, France.
- The volunteer would also receive a free press registration.
- Assist in supporting the running of the Press Office in Paris
- Also, meet and greet the journalists, check registration and press office credentials, explain the Press Office facilities, and ensure the availability of correct information at all times
- Cover the FENS Forum Brain Debate “Building and understanding brains: How can AI research inform neuroscience?” on 9 July 2022
- In addition, assist with press conferences and interviews
- Assist with the distribution of press releases
- Moreover, reporting: two weeks after the meeting, the Chen-FENS Science Writer will provide TCCI with a 2-to-3-PAGE co-authored written report with a high-level description of the Brain Debate and several “bullet points: that address the following:
- The debate discussions/finding the scholar found particularly exciting
- Discussed controversies
- An addressed view of future issues
- The Chen-FENS Science Writer should ideally be someone with a neuroscience background and a genuine interest in science communication and the media.
- Also, Excellent written and spoken English
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
Applications should be addressed through the online application form.
You would need to send a cover letter describing why you would like to be a Science Writer at the FENS Forum, and also include your CV with emphasis on any previous relevant experience in the area of science communications.