In 2022, OHCHR/ARDS will support events and initiatives from alumni of the fellowship program for people of African Descent that aim at promoting and protecting the human rights of people of African descent and combating racism and racial discrimination through partnership.
As a partner, OHCHR/ARDS will provide financial and substantive support to the implementation of the event or initiative.
- Financial support for the following expenses(tailored to the specific needs of the event/initiative):
- room rental
- interpretation service
- communication-related costs
- travel of speakers
- advertising on the UN’s social media
- Learn about and deepen your understanding of the international human rights law and the UN human rights system, the international framework to combat racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia, and related intolerance, as well as intersecting issues with a focus on people of African descent
- Also, strengthen skills in developing project proposals, delivering presentations, and submitting information to human rights mechanism
- Gain first-hand exposure to human rights mechanisms
- Moreover, opportunity to meet with a wide range of actors
- African descent living in the Diaspora.
- Also, must have a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to the rights of People of African Descent.
- The candidate has to submit a letter from an organization working on issues related to People of African Descent or minority rights certifying their status.
- In addition, available to attend the full duration of the program.
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A completed, signed, and scanned Application Form in one single document.
- Also, a Personal Statement (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate will explain his/her motivation for applying, and how he/she will use the knowledge gained from the fellowship to promote the interests and rights of people of African descent.
- An Official Letter from the nominating organization or community certifying the status
- In addition, a copy of the applicant’s passport.
Please note that submissions with more than five attachments will not be accepted.
How to Apply?
Applications can be submitted in English, Français, or Español.
Applicants are requested to submit the documents in one single e-mail.
Mention in the subject header of your e-mail: “Application for the 2022 Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent.”
Name the attached document as follows:
- LAST NAME First name – Type of document
- SMITH Jacqueline – Application form.doc
- SMITH Jacqueline – A Personal Statement.doc
- SMITH Jacqueline – Letter certifying Status.pdf
- SMITH Jacqueline – Passport.pdf
The selection of the fellows will reflect gender and regional balance. The human rights situation of people of African descent in the respective countries will also be taken into consideration.